This 2-year project brings together partners from the UK, Austria, Greece, Lithuania, Romania and Spain to share their knowledge and expertise to create innovative training products, which will combine the topics of language learning, cookery and inter-cultural dialogue.
This project aims to make a significant contribution to the development and delivery of curriculum and learning materials to support language learning, cultural understanding and cookery to migrants and those new to an area or country. With an emphasis on healthy eating through traditional recipes and locally sourced food, this educational resource will provide the trainer with the tools to deliver training which will ultimately aid language learning. It will be fun and innovative and have the added bonus of improving the social and cultural impact on the learners.
The Aims of the project are:
- To develop new training materials for intercultural awareness, language learning through the medium of cookery
- To develop a manual on delivery techniques, sharing best practice and lesson plans
- To develop a manual with team building and integration exercises for adult learning providers and organisations
- To test drive and improve the materials through a pilot training course
- To develop and publish a Technique Handbook on healthy eating using traditional local food and raising cultural awareness
- To create Online Resource Toolbox of Lessons, Materials, Guidance and Handbooks